google.com, pub-2557206291112451, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Best Eating Out in Languedoc: KIMCH’I
The restaurants recommended in this blog have all been visited by me and my wife and often with friends. We have visited them at least once. I only recommend restaurants that have a quality that, in my opinion, makes them worth a visit.
Some are world class restaurants, some are very simple, but the food is always worth the price and the chefs have prepared it with pride and love of good food.
The food is essential for being mentioned here. Minor problems when it comes to service and other things are mentioned but does not disqualify them from being recommended.
We have also eaten in some restaurants in the area that do not leave any memories worth writing about.
Finally we have been to very few bad restaurants and have been badly serviced in a few.
These three categories are marked differently in List of Restaurants.
marks our special restaurants. On the map they are found by the red marks and in the search term list under coup de ceur

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

KIMCH’I

KIMCH’I – 20, ave Wilson, 11200 Lezignan-Corbières

First of all we must say that we have never been to a Korean restaurant before so we have nothing to compare with. The food was however made with a lot of ambition even if it did not entirely please us. Also we had the set lunch menu that might be something totally different to the more expensive alternatives.

For starter we had Korean Ravioli that was beautifully made with beef filling, but we had expected more filling with more tastes and less pastry. My main course was a Korean specialty – Bibimbap - that was nice, especially with some hot sauce.  My wife had pork ribs grilled with a sauce that made them black, which we were explained was not because it was burned – it was the caramelized barbecue-sauce. My desert was classic caramelized bananas, which was good, but my wife’s coffee was very weak and not warm. They however did not charge for the coffee as my wife did not really like her ribs.

My wife had a very good white wine from Chateau Grand Moulin. They poured her a glass and left the bottle so she could drink as much as she wanted. They charged for what she had consumed – a very nice way of serving wine. Myself I had a Korean beer Cass, which was very nice with the food.

The service was nice and the decoration of the restaurant brand new in, what I think is Korean style. You could call it Asian no-nonsense design. The rest-rooms were very proper, modern and stylish. I was especially impressed by the black toilette-paper.

LATEST VISIT: 2013
NUMBER OF VISITS: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment